Did You Know?
RefWorks is available to CBU students, faculty, staff, and alumni. You'll be able to use RefWorks after you graduate -- you just have to establish your account from a CBU computer.
NOTICE: See the NEW REFWORKS - 2016 research guide for information on transferring to the new program.
What is RefWorks?
- A web-based bibliographic citation manager
- Use it to organize research--both personal and in collaboration with others, create personal databases, and generate bibliographies in APA, MLA, Turabian, and hundreds of other styles.
- Available to all CBU faculty, staff, and students. Students have life-long access, so you can continue to use it as alumni.
Step 1 - Create a RefWorks Account:
- Connect to RefWorks (http://libproxy.cbu.edu/login?url=http://www.refworks.com/Refworks/). If you get a message about an unsecure server, add it as an exception.
- Click "Sign up for an individual account."
- Fill in the form. Create a username and password (does not have to match your CBU email login).
- Submit form. You'll receive a confirmation email with your username and password which you'll use to access RefWorks from off-campus.
Step 2 - Create a Database:
- As you do research, start loading references into RefWorks.